7.16.2008

Give me some freakin amoxicillin!

I'll spare all gory details (just the highlights) but I was inches from this.

I just need some freakin' amoxicillin for my baby! She has double ear infections. I checked the black market and there's not really a demand. The stars aligned for us yet again at the pedia.... we needed a Rx, in an effort to 'be efficient' I had Lady call it in so we wouldn't have to hang out at WalMart, she forgot to leave what doctor she was with. I blame this completely on lack of experience and have mental images of her relaxed at home, carefree... {it's my mental image, back off}. So, when we get to the pharmacy at 4:50 the pedia is gone for the day and I have no Rx paper. (Thurs is their day off) I spend the next hour with all four moaning or crying and on the phone with Dr Whoeversoncall's Lady and/or hold, Rich, and eventually my sister to get his home number; of which I gave to the PharmTech at WalMart and watched her talk to someone. Yes I cashed in the sacred "your my sister's BFFs daddy". 

 I finally convince her that MY daughter is being treated as the red headed step patient and I'm not going to quit regurgitating my plight until the doctor approves my baby's script. An hour and twenty later, and a emergency "Mom I've got poops" from Katie,  I have drugs in hand, made friends with Lady PharmTech, and am taking my toys and going home. Anyone know a great pedia, with even greater office staff, looking for a rockstar set of twins and two adorable sisters?   

6 comments:

Lewismom said...

You have to just ask yourself, WHY?! Is there a law written somewhere that says that Moms with numerous kids must be hassled at every critical point in their lives? Libby, I suggest you take the test on Laurene's blog and remember...YOU ARE A PRINCESS!

Cristy said...

Libby..I am seeing a new ped in Provo, Dr. Bartholomew. He is young but in my ward :) I like him, but he is a new doc and not the mot experienced. I really like his assoc who visited Corbin in the hospital. Dr. Zollo. he has 20+ yrs experience. 357-7800.

The Mighty Thunder Chicken said...

I would recommend Dr. Cripe at Cherry Tree Family Practice. All the doctors there are great, and it's very close to where you live.

Rebecca said...

Utah Valley Pediatrics. They have after hour doctors I *think* until 10pm, and then also have weekend hours. They're fabulous! (kinda stinks for me when the on call doc is the one in Orem, but hey... at least they're there).

Brossettelewis said...

Mighty Thunder Chicken, email me. I have a question. blogname at gmail dot com

Shane and Michelle said...

Oh dear, Libby. I have been there, I know exactly how you feel. I keep a stash of drugs (ESPECIALLY amox) in my bathroom so that if something comes up I have it on hand. Doctors are IMPOSSIBLE sometimes. You are a great mom Libby. Hugs to you. Hope your the ear infection has cleared up!

Why I blog.