9.07.2009

Ben


This is Ben. Previously he was a Benji, but that's so cliche and the only other name in the running was Bolt (per Grace). My vote counts more than Grace's because I am still only the current 'no' vote and he's still in his foster phase. My number one rule is/was "no animals that poop", technically he has not pooped yet, but still I really have reservations about having an animal...as you can tell my mind has been changed for me. He has won over Grace, Rich, and James. Kate, Miles, and I are still in various degrees of conversion.

He didn't look to loved when we picked him up, his hair is nasty and ragamuffin so we hope to prove he has a current rabies shot and take him to a doggie day spa tomorrow and make him pretty. He rode around W Jordan for an hour running errands, visited a pet store and family and has yet to bark or get irritated with all the love he's receiving. He had a bath in the back yard and a trim ala Rich that seem to go positively. He seems very well mannered and patient. I hope that lasts.


For both of our sake.

8 comments:

Sharilyn said...

I will remain strong, despite my fellow non-pet owners falling by the wayside!

Ben, looks like a "Sandy" (think "Annie") to me! And good luck, with a pet that poops.

Laurene Ross said...

You caved....weep, weep...sigh...
I wish you well on your journey into Petnondom. I will pray for you:)

Rebecca said...

He is so cute!

MaryBeth said...

I'm glad you got a dog. I'll just tell Aren next time he says he wants one that he has one...living with Miss Libby.

Helen said...

So tell me... how did the rest of the family wear you down? I need to know what tactic to take with my husband - I want a dog and he doesn't.

Jill Freestone said...

wow, I'm shocked . . .
but, I have to say, after I caved in, I've been glad - its been worth it - though a bit crazy at times, very worth it

Megan said...

Cute dog. You are nuts, but he is pretty cute. Shar, I will still stand strong with you on the no pets policy....I am not showing my girls the picture of cute Ben.

Jessica said...

Good luck!! Ah another one to take care of but he is very cute:).

Why I blog.