8.11.2012

Lindon Days

I was worried. Coming from the "big city" of Orem to Lindon, that prides itself in "a little bit of country", I assumed they had yet to master the fine art of parades and such. I was so wrong.



 It rocked. I think our candy haul could have weighed in around 8lbs of good stuff,  it wasn't all tootsie rolls and stale taffy. There was even a company that had a candy cannon. That was magical.  But the fun did not stop there. Afterwards we went to the activities in the park. For a $20 family pass, all the girls {we took a friend, hence the extra lady in grey} rode the mechanical bull, {I bribed the girls that if they all did it, I would too.}









 all the kids climbed the rock wall 
 
{multiple times},
  
 the train {multiple times},
 played in bounce houses, 
 visited a petting zoo, 
went on a carriage ride,
 
rode little horses. {I tried to get a technical name but the cowboy was more interested in telling me that one had just given birth 4 weeks ago. Poor girl was already hauling my heavyweights around.}
 

The kids were also under the impression that the hawaiian ice was free with their wrist band. Oops! It wasn't even real Hawaiian ice, but it was cold, so it was welcomed. 

A little before 2pm the crowd started rumbling that "it" was about to start. I kept it a secret from my kids, if by chance, 4 hours into the day they were pooped. Lindon Fire Department + Foam = Awesomeness.
 He had no idea what was about to happen, bwaa haa haa ha.



Bunch of tough little toddlers awaiting the unknown. 
Then 30 minutes of ..........


 {Rich took the camera. So there's an excess amount of me. I thought more than just I was playing in it?!?} Kids were burying themselves in it. It was knee high in places.







 Grace wouldn't touch it. She even climbed a tree to avoid her brothers throwing it on her. We'll get her next year.

1 comment:

Jill Freestone said...

you know how to party!
I miss coming to visit you! How about a visit as soon as the kids start school!

Why I blog.