8.24.2007

NICU D2 8/23

They look like Rich. I need a shower.
Miles looks like a monkey-baby (so did Rich), so cute.
Miles is very strong &

determined to lay on his brother (or kiss him?)
(The tape on James is his IV, in the head)


I visited the boys at 8:30 and got to hold them both. I felt good and after returning and seeing the pictures decided I needed to probably shower. My IV was out, my catheter was out. I waited a while to make sure I wasn't doing too much and got in. Well I guess I was doing too much because I lost a large quantity of blood when I got in and had Rich go get the nurse to define 'large'. As she was talking to me I got dizzy and since I was sitting, leaned against the shower bars. I passed out. I woke up to myself and four nurses, covered in puke, and smelling horrible smelling salts. The got me back to bed and was flat on my back for the rest of the day. I guess a warm shower was over doing it. So, now a day post c-section without a shower and a peri-bottle-in-bed bath to wash puke off, I feel grosser than before. I just wanted a simple shower, maybe tomorrow.

I went down to NICU and fed, burped, and held both boys at 8:30pm. They had a nurse that reminded me of Manda (in look, personality, mannerisms, and accent...she's from Georgia). So it was nice to have a version of Manda taking care of my boys. Grandpa & Grandpa Lewis brought up Grace and Kate and they were able to see the boys at the window. Grace wanted to go in so bad. I would love for her to be able to touch them, she loves them so much. Kate scares me as to what she will do. I can see her being possessive and wanting "my bebes". And as I thought, Kate seems so big now. Tueaday she was a baby. Now she looks like a toddler, so tall and chatty.

(**We have some video from the morning visit that I am hoping Rich will add on Friday. He is working Friday, so may be able to add to my youtube from there**)

No comments:

Why I blog.