8.23.2007

J&M C/S Delivery

I don't know, rich might know who is who...i'm the middle one. :)
M 5 lb 2 oz, 17" - J 4 lb 9 oz, 16" - born 7:24am, James first (same minute)



Last night at 10:45 I got a call from St Marks telling me they needed us to be there at 5:30. This has changed from “call at 6am” to “be here somewhere between 6 and 6:30” to now “we need you here at 5:30” to be in surgery by 7 am because Dr Watts has a tight schedule. We were up and here on time and got prepped for surgery. We had a great nurse that kept me calm. I walked into surgery at 7am and was met by the anestheologist for my spinal. Rich had to wait until this was done to join me. Being in the OR and getting a spinal without Rich was scary, thankfully Keri was there, a familiar face from MFM. Once it was in and I was no my back and I was rolled back over they draped off from my chest down, let Rich in and started. It was a very fast process. I smelt a burning smell (they were cauterizing something) and asked and told I did not want to know, so when Keri did tell me I lost it a little. Then I was told I would feel a little pressure, I did, then a release...James was born via C-section at 7:24 am and Miles's leg was coming with him. James was passed to someone to be shown to me. I was awe struck. He was amazing. He made it through everything and was here. I was such a sweet intimate moment to see him. Moments later, Miles was out. Not even a minute apart and the same flood of love and emotion over my second little one hit. They are such amazing little babies. I am at a lack for words as for how to explain the presence they have, they have so much greatness packed in those tiny bodies.

Once the boys were out and the cord cut, something was added to my IV and I woke up an hour later in Labor & Delivery in a new bed, without a cerclage, and all stitched up with a bandage on my tummy. The experience was as good as it could be. Within that hour Rich had been with the boys getting video and watching the first activities of their live. I got to watch those on the computer as he would go back and get more. I was moved up to Recovery and within several hours was in a wheel chair to go to NICU to see my boys, I got to hold James while there but physically had to get laying down again and could only spend 15 minutes with them. I hate the physical restrictions of recovery, I want to be in the NICU with them . I tried again later and held Miles and then again with Kelly even later. It was a perfect Birth Day. (8/22/07)

Just a quick note to tell you all thanks again for all your prayers. We have so MUCH to be thankful for!
The babies were born this morning, 7:24 AM.
James was 16 in long, 4 lb 9 oz and first born
Miles was 17 in long, 5 lb 2 oz
They are very pink, which means good oxygen and their Apgar ratings were 8 for James and 9 for Miles. They have strawberry blond or red hair. We went to the NICU with Rich and both boys were snoozing away so we didn’t get to hold them. They were dressed and wrapped up tightly in little blankets. They took the boy’s temperatures at 2:00 PM and they were borderline for body temp . If they don’t hold their body heat, they will put them into the warming beds. Which is not bad but it’s great if they can hold their own. The doctors say that the boys will be staying in the NICU for a couple of weeks or so.
Just can't stop thanking Heavenly Father for this wonderful miracle!
I’m posting this for Libby, I’m her mother-in-law. Got to say she did a great job on these twins, they are to quote their Mom, "adorable."
Love and thanks again to all of you.
Barb Lewis (grandma)

No comments:

Why I blog.